This recipe is not only easy, it is elegant. When we were younger my husband and I frequently made it for guests using our own assembly line to bring it to the table. Here we serve it with a creamy polenta that we make in the microwave oven along with asparagus. A word to the wise about asparagus bought out of season. It can be very expensive and may or may not be up to your standards.
- 1 pound veal scaloppine
- butter-flavored refrigerated cooking spray
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Pound the veal until very thin, turning to make sure both sides are pounded well. Set aside.
- Heat a non-stick sauté pan until hot, and sauté the veal until brown. Coat with cooking spray and turn. Transfer veal to a plate; keep warm.
- Coat the pan with cooking spray and add the shallot. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the wine and lemon juice. Reduce by 1/3. Add the meat and simmer until reheated.
Diabetic exchanges: 3 very lean protein
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 3||4.6%|
|Saturated Fat 1.0||5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 3||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0||0|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Diabetic Dinner Recipes