This is another favorite during the holidays – full of rich white chocolate flavor and a sweet bite of strawberry. If you can’t find really good strawberries at your market, substitute slices of kiwi fruit, with little change in calories and carbs.
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 2 4-serving size packages white chocolate flavor sugar-free pudding & pie filling
- 1 tablespoon light rum or a drop or two of rum extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 8-ounce container fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 ready-to-use 9-inch reduced fat graham cracker crumb crust
- 10 large perfect strawberries
- Place the skim milk in a large bowl. Add the pudding mix, rum, and cinnamon. Whisk for 2 minutes. Fold in whipped topping and spoon into the graham cracker crust. Smooth the top.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or until set.
- Just before serving time, rinse, drain, and remove the stems of the strawberries. Cut each berry into 3 slices and arrange the slices around the outer edge of the pie. Cut the pie into 10 wedges and serve.
Per serving: 168 calories (21% calories from fat), 2 g protein, 4 g total fat (2.0 g saturated fat), 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g dietary fiber, 0 cholesterol, 384 mg sodium, 105 mg potassium
Diabetic exchanges: 2 carbohydrate (2 bread/starch), 1 fat
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4||6.2%|
|Saturated Fat 2.0||10%|
|Total Carbohydrate 30||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 1||4%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Diabetic Dinner Recipes