Pasta Salad with Grilled Vegetables – Per serving: 288 calories (5% calories from fat), 10 g protein, 2 g total fat (0.2 g saturated fat), 60 g carbohydrate, 0 cholesterol, 166 mg sodium, 487 mg potassium
- 8 ounces (240 g) rotini (corkscrew) pasta
- olive oil cooking spray
- 2 ears corn on the cob, husked and silks removed
- 2 medium zucchini, trimmed and sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 3/4-inch (4.4 cm) crosswise slice of red onion
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup 60 to 80 ml) fat-free Italian vinaigrette
- Cook the pasta in a pot of lightly boiling salted water following the directions on the package. Drain and set aside.
- Lightly coat the vegetables with the cooking spray. Place on a grill over medium-high heat and grill 8 minutes for the corn, 10 minutes for the zucchini, and 10 to 12 minutes for the onion. Transfer vegetables to a cutting board.
- Slice the corn kernels off the cob, slice the zucchini crosswise and coarsely chop the onion. Place in a medium bowl, along with the drained pasta. Sprinkle with parsley and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Toss and serve.
Diabetic exchanges: 4 carbohydrate (3 1/2 bread/starch, 1 vegetable)
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 2||3.1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.2||1%|
|Total Carbohydrate 60||20%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Diabetic Dinner Recipes