Grilled Sea Bass with Mashed Potatoes and Vegetables Vinaigrette – Per serving: 218 calories (17% calories from fat), 29 g protein, 4 g total fat (0.9 g saturated fat), 17 g carbohydrates, 3 g dietary fiber, 58 mg cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 894 mg potassium
- 4 5-ounce (150 g) sea bass fillets, skinned
- Chili Rub:
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt (optional)
- Vegetables Vinaigrette:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 3 ounces (90g) shitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 ounce (8 g) fresh chives, chopped, with extra for garnish (optional)
- Mashed Potatoes
- 2 Russet or Idaho potatoes, peeled and cut quartered
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup low fat, low salt chicken broth
- freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the broiler.
- To make the chili rub: Place the spices and salt (if using) in a food processor or spice grinder and grind. Rub the sea bass with the mixture and set aside.
- To prepare the vegetables vinaigrette: Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the pepper, mushroom and scallion, and sauté for 5 minutes over low heat. Stir in the vinegar, mint, and chives. Set aside.
- Bring the potatoes to a boil in a large pot. When cooked through, mash with the stock and pepper to taste. Keep warm.
- Broil the sea bass until browned and cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- To serve, place 1/4 of the potatoes on each of 4 large plates. Top potato with a fillet of fish and surround with some of the vegetables. Garnish with chives (if using)
Diabetic exchanges: 4 very lean protein, 1 carbohydrate (bread/starch)
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4||6.2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.9||4.5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 17||5.7%|
|Dietary Fiber 3||12%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Diabetic Dinner Recipes