Team this Grilled Halibut with Balsamic Vinegar and Mint, a pasta salad and sliced tomatoes what have been sprinkled with feta cheese and a splash of a basic vinaigrette.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil plus extra for greasing the grill grid
- 4 5-ounce halibut steaks, cut 1/2 inch thick
- Salt (optional)
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 8 mint leaves, chopped very finely
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- Light a grill and lightly brush the grill grid with olive oil. Wash the steak and wipe with a paper towel. Sprinkle with salt (if you want) and pepper fit to your taste. Brush the fish with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Combine the remaining olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and the mint in a small pan and set on the edge of the grill to warm.
- Place the halibut on the hot grill and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, turning once, or until the fish is done.
- Add the garlic to the balsamic vinegar mixture and spoon over the cooked fish. Serve immediately.
Diabetic exchanges: 4 very lean meat, 1 fat
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 10||15.4%|
|Saturated Fat 1.4||7%|
|Total Carbohydrate 1||0.3%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Diabetic Dinner Recipes