The first menu is a grilled chicken sandwich with our “secret sauce” and onions and mushrooms. The salad we’ve pared with it has a bit of ham which you could forgo. For dessert we serve a fresh fruit kebab with lime cream.
- butter flavored cooking spray
- 1 small onion (4 ounces,120 g)) sliced thin
- 4 ounces (120 g) mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) low fat, low salt mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) ketchup
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) Dijon mustard
- 4 4-ounce (120 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 multigrain crisp rolls, about 1 ounce (30 g) each, cut in half horizontally
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Sauté the onions and mushrooms over medium high heat till they’re stewed through and begin to brown. Add the garlic and cook for two minutes. Set aside.
- In a little cup mix the dressing, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, and mustard. Set aside.
- Grill the chicken till done, concerning five minutes per facet. Allow to stand for 5 minutes. Cut into thin slices. Heat the rolls on the grill simply before collection the sandwiches.
- To serve: Place 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of the sauce on the bottom of each roll. Top with chicken slices, onions and mushrooms. Serve warm.
Diabetic exchanges: 3 very lean protein, 1 carbohydrate (1 bread/starch, 1 vegetable)
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4||6.2%|
|Saturated Fat 1.5||7.5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 19||6.3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2||8%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Diabetic Dinner Recipes