Crème Fraîche with Peaches – Per serving: 72 calories (0% calories from fat), 3 g protein, 0 total fat (0 saturated fat), 17 g carbohydrates, 3 g dietary fiber, 1 g cholesterol, 24 mg sodium
- crème fraîche
- 1/4 cup (59 ml) cluttered buttermilk
- 4 cups (1 l) plain low fat yogurt
- 4 6-ounce (180 g) fresh ripe peaches
- fresh lemon juice mixed with a little water
- In a large saucepan, combine the buttermilk and yogurt and heat until lukewarm, about 1 minute. Remove from heat, cover and let stand at room temperature for 24 hours. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Slice the peaches and place in lemon water.
- When ready to serve, place the peach slices decoratively on dessert plates and place a dollop of crème fraîche in the middle.
Diabetic exchanges: 1 carbohydrate (fruit)
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0||0|
|Saturated Fat 0||0|
|Total Carbohydrate 17||5.7%|
|Dietary Fiber 3||12%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Diabetic Dinner Recipes