Beef and Artichoke Penne Pasta Recipe – Per serving: 456 calories (28% calories from fat), 14 g total fat (6.4 g saturated fat), 42 g protein, 41 g carbohydrates, 6 g dietary fiber, 94 mg cholesterol, 430 mg sodium
- olive oil cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces (120 g) dry penne pasta
- 1 12-ounce (360 g) Beef and Onion Mix (recipe above)
- 8 no-salt-added canned tomatoes, sliced crosswise into quarters
- 8 canned artichoke hearts
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried mixed Italian herbs
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) juice from no-salt-added canned tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste mixed with 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1 cup (120 g) shredded part-skim milk mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°(180°C, Gas Mark 4). Lightly coat a 2-quart casserole with cooking spray. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions for al ente, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain well and add to the meat mixture. Stir in the tomatoes, artichoke hearts, Italian, herbs, tomato juice, and tomato paste-water mixture. Mix gently. Place in the prepared baking dish and sprinkle evenly with the mozzarella cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly hot.
Diabetic exchanges: 4 1/2 low fat protein, 2 carbohydrate (bread/starch), 2 vegetable
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 14||21.5%|
|Saturated Fat 6.4||32%|
|Total Carbohydrate 41||13.7%|
|Dietary Fiber 6||24%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Diabetic Dinner Recipes