Basmati-Apple Pilaf with Asparagus – Per serving: 149 calories (3% calories from fat), 3 g protein, 1 g total fat (0.1 g saturated fat), 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber, 0 cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 134 mg potassium
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tart apple, cored, chopped
- 12 spears asparagus cut into 1 inch pieces on the diagonal
- 1 cup basmati rice, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Coat a nonstick pan with cooking spray. Sauté the onion until wilted. Add the apple and asparagus and sauté until the asparagus is cooked through. Set aside.
- In a covered pan add the rice, water, oil, and salt. Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and simmer according to directions.
- When the rice is cooked, fold in the apple-asparagus mixture and 1/2 teaspoon of the reserved rub from the scallops.
Diabetic exchanges: 2 carbohydrate (1 1/2 bread/star ch, 1/2 fruit)
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1||1.5%|
|Saturated Fat 0.1||0.5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 32||10.7%|
|Dietary Fiber 2||8%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Diabetic Dinner Recipes