I have made this recipe with sea bass, halibut, swordfish and even cod. The only thing you need with this entrée is a crusty bread slice or another carbohydrate like brown rice.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 pound baby Portobello mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced thin
- butter flavored refrigerated cooking spray
- 4 5-ounce salmon filets, skinned
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat the oil. Add the onion, garlic and ginger. Cook stirring until the onions are soft. Add the mushrooms, zucchini and pepper and continue to cook until the vegetables are just tender, about 6-7 minutes. Set aside.
- Line a baking dish with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray. Place the fish in the dish and sprinkle with the vinegar and pepper. Top with vegetables and cover the dish with aluminum foil. Bake for about 20 minutes or until done.
- To serve, place a fillet on each plate. Divide the vegetables into four, spooning on top of the fish.
Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetables
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 10||15.4%|
|Saturated Fat 1.5||7.5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 9||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2||8%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Diabetic Dinner Recipes